3m tape on Saleen S281 spoiler?

I just got my Saleen S281 one peice spoiler for my 02 GT.it came with everything to mount it with except the 3-m tape.I have worked with the 3-m tape before but i am wanting some helpfull hints(were to put the 3-m tape in relation to the spoiler and trunk)from guys who have mounted their own saleen spoilers.
Thanks Shane

• Sponsors (?)

I have not installed a saleen wing, but I have done alot of other stuff using 3m tape. My advice is to put the tape all the way around the edges. Then instead of pulling off all the backing, just get each segment started about 1-2 inches and fold it over so it sticks out from under the wing. Then you can still slide it around and get it where you want it without it sticking. then when you get it where you want it hold down tight and grab the little 1" piece of tape backing sticking out from under it and begin pulling. The backing will come off with the wing positioned perfectly. You really need 2 people for this 1 to hold the wing in position and 1 to pull the tape backing off, but it's the easiest way to get it right.

Basically put it everywhere on the wing that touches the surface of the car. My wing came with the 3m tape on it already, and that's how it was laid out. No problems.

its not that difficult man. the 281 spoiler is unfortunatly cheap and a really stupid design. I have one and i love the way it looks but it coulda been made a whol lot better. all i did was go to home depot and buy a role of 3m exterior mounting take and two tension pins. Drilled two small holes in the back edge of the trunk lid, one on each side over the the tail lights and drilled half way thru the spoiler. I hammered the pins into the holes drilled in the spoiler and glued them in and slid the other end of the pins into the holes drilled in the trunk lid. This makes a nice solid brace and keeps the spiler from sliding around. Then took two four inch stips and stuck them on either side of the trunk key hole. The 2 small inch stips, one under each arm that lays across the top of the trunk lid. The spoiler has not moved an inch and there is no take showing. Total cost was less than $5.