• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

3rd brake light wiring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dbthealien
  • Start date Start date Sep 1, 2024
  • Tags Tags
    2003 ford mustang gt 2003 mustang mach 1
D

Dbthealien

New Member
Sep 1, 2024
1
0
1
Ohio
Sep 1, 2024
#1
  • Sep 1, 2024
  • #1
So I have an 03 Mach 1 with the SVT spoiler. I bought the car with the spoiler already swapped and was replacing the 3rd brake light with a new sequential LED I bought off American muscle. It comes with the 2 wire connector end. The previous swap already had the correct connector on it, but long story short I threw the old light out before finishing my own swap and can’t salvage the old connector end from the previous 3rd brake light.

I, maybe wrongfully, have cut the wiring harness connector off thinking I could just splice the green to green and black to black wires together; but the light will not come on when pressing the brake or turning the running lights on. WHAT DO I DO? Do I need a resistor? Should I not have gotten the sequential? HELPPPPPPPP
 

89ripper

Founding Member
Jun 3, 2002
926
309
103
Rockford, Illinois
Sep 3, 2024
#2
  • Sep 3, 2024
  • #2
I cant offer advice but have you tried contacting american muscle for tech assistance?
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

2
Resolved Electrical mayhem
  • 2000ElectricGreen
  • Mar 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
385
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 4, 2026
2000ElectricGreen
2
Electrical 91 hatch wiring help needed
  • FastDriver
  • Apr 7, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
230
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 8, 2026
FastDriver
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
469
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
O
Manual to Auto Mach 1 Swap
  • Osnick
  • Mar 16, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
547
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 27, 2025
Osnick
O
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
263
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?