3rd dead battery

StangCrazy302Gt

Founding Member
Apr 25, 2002
New Jerzy
ok now i have to ask .... my car killed three batterys allready since summer... today i was driving normal stoped to talk to a friend shut the car off when i tried to start it nuttn, dead a few clicks and dead.... what can cauz a car to eat a battery liek this??

• Sponsors (?)

if youre gonna relocate to the trunk summit sells a kit and i think you can find kits on ebay also. but if you just want to put new cables on it than go to advance auto and get new ones. measure yours so you can tell them how long they need to be and what ends you need

StangCrazy302Gt said:
seems simple,,, on my day off i guess im going to have to move to the trunk ,, better sooner then later
Fix your current problem before you relocate the battery. Chasing multiple problems is not simple or fun. Moving the battery has its own set of problems and requirements. Don't stack these on top of an existing problem and make it harder to find & fix the real problem.

Once you have the cuurent prblem fixed, create another post. I have a complete set of instructions on battery relocation and the cut off switch required by many drag strips when a rear mounted battery is used.

When you dead battery problems don't come back, then you hav fixed the problem.

Any of the major chain type auto parts stores like AutoZone or Pep Boys will check your alternator for free. That is the first step after replacing the cables if you still have problems.

The battery terminal replacement ends that clamp the wire with two bolts are a major source of poor connections. They tend to corrode around the wires, and sometimes even inside the cable where it is hard to see. For best performance, always replace the cable with an OEM style cable and battery terminal.