3rd Gear Grind?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a good ol t5 to me. Time for a rebuild. Unless you plan on ripping on it and then I'd try to find a tremec.

T5s don't like powershifting and definitly don't like 300+ hp

Mine won't last more than half of next season if I'm lucky

Sounds like a good ol t5 to me. Time for a rebuild. Unless you plan on ripping on it and then I'd try to find a tremec.

T5s don't like powershifting and definitly don't like 300+ hp

Mine won't last more than half of next season if I'm lucky

Yeah, I definitely like to rip it at the track, so I guess I'm going to have to go for a tremec..

Where can I find one? How much do they go for?

Yeah, I definitely like to rip it at the track, so I guess I'm going to have to go for a tremec..

Where can I find one? How much do they go for?

id search the Corral forums classified section. it would be your best bet unless your looking to go new.

another option is to have the t5 rebuilt with better parts. Building back to stock isnt a great idea if you plan on adding power or track time.

It depends on what kind of power you're making

id search the Corral forums classified section. it would be your best bet unless your looking to go new.

another option is to have the t5 rebuilt with better parts. Building back to stock isnt a great idea if you plan on adding power or track time.

It depends on what kind of power you're making

How would I rebuild it with better parts? Is there a kit?

I found 2 kits on LRS, but I'm assuming thats the same stock parts?

85-93 Mustang T-5 Rebuild Kit at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
Ford 85-95 Mustang T-5 Transmission Rebuild Kit, Also Fits 85-93 2.3L/94-00 3.8L by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

G-FORCE T-5 HELICAL CUT SYNCHRONIZED GEAR KIT 1983-1993 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

$1200 but will withstand well beyond what a stock t5 will handle. You can get a new tremec trans for about 2k, or used on corral for $7-1500ish.

There are other options but, like I said, I don't know what kind of power you're making/plan on making

Right now I am stock, I am getting a full exhaust, intake, and gears done soon and in the future I would LIKE H/C/I..

I called a performance shop by me, he said that rebuilding the T5 would run about 700-800 and for that much I may as well go for a better trans...

What about this?
Steeda 1352000251 Tremec 5-Speed T5 Transmission
It is the same amount as the rebuild kit you showed me...

EDIT: or this
http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford-Racing/397/M-7003-Z/10002/-1

The problem with t5s tends to be when you either
- go over 300+ hp/tq + hard shifting
or - steep gears + radials+ aftermarket clutch

so keep that in mind when buying a trans

a z spec will handle up to 450 hp. You won't be likely hitting that with your h/c/i...just don't powershift and you'll be fine.

build your own out of your current t5 for hundreds cheaper than buying a new one..

this is everything you need to convert your current trans to a z spec super alloy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T5-M...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

that shop is local to me and I get all my stuff for my t5's from them. that kit also contains the rebuild kit.

do it yourself and save $700+ over the price of a new one.