4.6 Engine Tick

Oct 12, 2016
well the engine ticks just a little more than it used too. There's absolutely no metal in the oil when I change it. My gas mileage is spot on and I believe it performs how it should. Does anybody else's 4.6 have a tick to there engine? Should I be concerned. 86,xxx miles on the engine. But it is 14 years old

my 2003 gt used to tick and it turned out to be the timing chain tensioners were wore enough to let it slap most of the time it stopped when it got warmed up

Update. I narrowed it down to where it was coming from and it was a compression leak from my back left cylinder. Turns out it was an off set spark plug because I threaded it on crooked. Good thing I didn't strip or cross thread it because I just took it out and put a new one in properly. Problem fixed.

Update. I narrowed it down to where it was coming from and it was a compression leak from my back left cylinder. Turns out it was an off set spark plug because I threaded it on crooked. Good thing I didn't strip or cross thread it because I just took it out and put a new one in properly. Problem fixed.