4.6 need advise on flywheel different engines

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
San Antonio,Texas
I’m replacing Romeo engine with a Windsor. I purchased one from a friend it’s fresh. He passed away. The Windsor has 8 bolt flywheel question can I use it on the Windsor 8 bolt? Do the holes line up? If not what flywheel can I use without swapping the balancer? Also trans is a tr-3450 with 11 inch disk. Can I run it on the Windsor engine ? Might be a dumb question but I gotta know . Any input is appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Ok this is what I bought I noticed the flywheel weights 16 lb does this mean I have to change the harmonic balancer to a lighter one? The flywheel is cromoly please someone lmk I appreciate that

Attachments

• IMG_0874.png
    IMG_0874.png
    707.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0875.png
    IMG_0875.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 16
On an externally balanced small-block Ford, both the flywheel/flexplate and the balancer must have the correct amount of imbalance for the particular crankshaft being used. Failure to use a flywheel/flexplate and balancer combination with the correct amount of external imbalance will result in serious engine damage.

That aside, I don't think they even have same bolts. The crank on one of them (I always lose track of which is which) has 6 larger bolts (10 mm) and the crank on the other has 8 smaller bolts (8 mm).

I put the bolt sizes in parentheses because I don't know if they are accurate.