4.6L 3v motor in a 2v car??? (oh yeah- and a F-1)

cracula69

Founding Member
Aug 11, 2002
Stamford, CT
Hello. I plan on attempting an install of a 2005 4.6L 3v in my '99 GT and am wondering if anyone here has heard of it being done. I'll end up getting the 3v motor built (along w/ head work, cams, etc..) so any suggestions/recommendations on shops would also be appreciated. I'm currently leaning towards the MMR900 shortblock. Goal: 625-675rwhp using a procharger D-1sc or F-1. This car is not a daily driver. Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

If you build a 3-valve with ported heads and go with an F1, it'll make more that your goal easily. We made 770 RWHP with a Livernois built shortblock, stage 1 heads, and stock cams in a 2005 Mustang with a F1-A w/ 4" Pulley.

-Rick

I've heard of the Livernois setup & like it. I've also contacted them & am waiting for their reply. Anyone know what kind of intake they're using? I hear FAST is coming out with one this spring (appears to have longer runners & claims 40hp gains over stock intake (?)). Also curious how they tuned their car. Thx for the ideas..

bigcat said:
member billfisher did a 5.4 3V swap into a SN95. contact him, as he can assist you with many of your swap specific questions.

here is his profile... http://forums.stangnet.com/member.php?u=91963
that was a 2V 5.4L, and he's an engineer so his assisting is hard to follow when he talks :D

Original poster: You are better off choosing a 4V engine since it has better grounds for power and fitment

tomustang said:
that was a 2V 5.4L, and he's an engineer so his assisting is hard to follow when he talks :D
here is his signature..... :shrug:
96 mustang gt
MARCH U/D pullies
K&N
custom headers
SLP off-road "X"
2x 10,000gvwr coolers

275/50-16 BFG

249.9 rwhp / 340.1 rwtq