4.6L GT clutch/manual transmission behavior

sharpright

Oct 28, 2020
Mars
Hello, I am having some issues with my mustang. For those who own a manual 4.6L mustang, can you creep forward or backwards (slow speed in traffic or parking) with just the clutch or do you have to give it gas? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Depends on the idle. Generally mine will move forward or backwards just by slowly disengaging/engaging the clutch but mine is idled a little high due to cams.
Do you remember if you could move using clutch only before changing the cams? I just want to know if it’s normal for a stock car to struggle and shake as badly as mine does when trying to move with using clutch only. Is it ok to adjust the idle on a stock throttle body?

on perfectly flat ground with 3.27s I was able to get my stock 2003 GT moving without any gas, if I was easy on the clutch. It might shudder a bit, and sometimes heard clutch chatter, but I could get it done. Was easier to use the gas pedal

idle is computer controlled and non-adjustable without a tune.

on perfectly flat ground with 3.27s I was able to get my stock 2003 GT moving without any gas, if I was easy on the clutch. It might shudder a bit, and sometimes heard clutch chatter, but I could get it done. Was easier to use the gas pedal

idle is computer controlled and non-adjustable without a tune.
Are 3.27s stock on a newedge mustang GT?