Fuel 4 Cylinder Fuel Lines

nelzfoxes

5 Year Member
Aug 20, 2013
How do the 4 cylinder fuel lines run underneath the car? I am speaking specifically about fuel injected cars. The pump is still in-tank I am assuming. What about filter location? I am sure some of you have ripped into a 4 cylinder to install a 5.0. I am just curious. Here’s why; If the lines meet the engine at the rear wouldn’t that match up better with roller cam 351 fuel rails? Let me know. Just a thought.

• Sponsors (?)

The four cylinder lines come up and are secured to the frame right under the brake booster.. which is the opposite side from the v8 cars. It travels down the frame and cuts over to pas side and connects to the same rubber fuel lines that run to the fuel filter and take. The filter and tank are the same in both four banger and v8 cars. So if your converting a 4 banger to v8 you'll need to replace the lines from the filter up to the front frame rail with a set from a v8.

I have a set of lightning fuel rails. I will take a look. I am pretty sure the lines connect at the rear of the engine. If the four cylinder is close it might be something I will try instead of cutting hoses on mustang rails. Just looking ahead to my 351 swap. Thanks!

How stout of a combo are you looking to mAke and what size fuel pump are you running?

The 4cyl lines still feature a 1/4" return, so at higher fuel flow rates, they start to become a restriction and push fuel pressure up a bit.

Mild 351. Actually long rod 351w. Gt40 cast iron heads with Ford/Crane cobra roller rockers (1.70:1), Pro Flow mass air meter calibrated to 24lb injectors, Walbro 255lph in-tank fuel pump. Regular 87 octane gasoline. BBK swap shorty headers, speed density roller camshaft. Are you saying the 4 cylinder fuel lines are smaller than the v8 lines? If they are I will just stick with the v8 lines... probably.