4 speed tranny

• Sponsors (?)

dastang2 said:
what kind of tranny is in the 76 mustang II with a 302. it is a 4 speed manual. is it a toploader. will it fit into a 91 thunderbird 5.0

Its a RAD and anything will fit with a big enough hammer and a torch. Seriously though, the RAD is weak, go with a T5.

It's cheaper in the long run to use a T-5. The RAD 4-spd will break quickly behind a mild 302 in a Mustang II. I can't imagine one trying to move a car as heavy as a '91 Thunderbird without breaking pretty quick.

a351Must2 said:
It's cheaper in the long run to use a T-5. The RAD 4-spd will break quickly behind a mild 302 in a Mustang II. I can't imagine one trying to move a car as heavy as a '91 Thunderbird without breaking pretty quick.

I agree 100 %,It`the sad reality :( The only good application for the RAD 4 is to be used as a boat anchor :D no kidding ...i went through three Rad 4 until I got soooo pissed off that I installed a bullet proof C4. Back then I only had about 200Hp at the rear wheels,I missed so much the stick that I am doing the T5 conversion this Summer.I got all the parts and Santa braught a Centerforce Dual-friction to my house with the help of Jeg`s :hail2: I just gotta hide that stuff until the summer and use the old story :rolleyes: That a friend of mine sold it cheap to me ...and I could`nt pass the offer :D I don`t usually lie to my wife but nobody is perfect. :p

Think about it man...it`s your call..I know $$$ but If you use the Rad4 please do yourself a favor DON`T POWERSHIFT OR DUMP THE CLUTCH!!! :nono:

Bye! :canflag:

yeah i have the whole car with all parts attached what are they worth each. what has a shift pattern as this.
left up, reverse, middle up, first, straight down, 2nd,
up right,3rd, down right, od. is this a srod. how much better would it handle in a tbird

The RAD 4-speed in the 302 powered MII has a smaller bellhousing than a "standard" Ford 4-speed. It also uses a smaller flywheel, clutch, etc., and it is balanced at 28 oz. vs. your latemodel 5.0L balance of 50 oz. You really need to skip the RAD.

If you are hurting for funds, and your 5.0L isn't too hot, and you don't do any drag racing starts, then the T-5 behind a 3.8L V-6 latemodel Mustang would hold you For A While. Probably a lot longer than a RAD would as the 3.8L RAD has a higher torque rating.

You may have a shifter location problem with the T-5 anyway. These guys have a shifter relocation kit ($$$) under their Products section: http://www.mn12performance.com/

Don't feel bad though...the Mustang II has the same problem when swapping in a T-5.

If you are going to sell or part the CBII, please let us know here. There are so few left that it would be a shame to lose another.

78CobraII

it is just a mustang 2. someone put an aftermarket side window leuvors like the fastbacks and a fiberglass cowl induction hood attachment it is a fake hood but it looks alright.the title is messed up. otherwise i would drive it

has anybody here seen any screwed titles
this one was never signed over to the guy that bought it. he got it from a dealer but he never got in his name. his dad does not talk with him much since he works for 3 months and then comes back a while and then leaves again. i have to get him to sign it and then he has to take it to the courthouse and get it in his name and i will have to pay for that. then when it comes in the mail it will go to wherever he lives. then he signs it over to me and i gotta pay again to get it in my name. i just don't know where the guy lives and i don't wanna let somebody have the title i may not see it again