Exhaust 40 series black?

MUSTANGJOE

Silver Stanger
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Stupid quick question, i ordered a set of 40 series mufflers from American muscle #8042543, they are supposed to be stainless steel, in the picture on there website the mufflers were silver in color. The ones i received are black. Are all flowmaster mufflers black now? Or should I send them back, thxs everyone

• Sponsors (?)

Stupid quick question, i ordered a set of 40 series mufflers from American muscle #8042543, they are supposed to be stainless steel, in the picture on there website the mufflers were silver in color. The ones i received are black. Are all flowmaster mufflers black now? Or should I send them back, thxs everyone
I ordered the cat-back full stainless flowmaster system series 44 last year and mine came black also (mufflers).
I checked the system out on several different companies websights and some
Showed black and some showed silver mufflers in their pictures for the same product and part number was the same. I kept them.

Reactions: 1 user
I ordered the cat-back full stainless flowmaster system series 44 last year and mine came black also (mufflers).
I checked the system out on several different companies websights and some
Showed black and some showed silver mufflers in their pictures for the same product and part number was the same. I kept them.
Same here, some show silver and some show black for the same part #. American muscle was not sure if it came in silver, they want to do an exchange but can not guarantee if the new ones will be silver :shrug:

Keep the black ones, the welds will not show rust and theoretically hold the heat inside instead of radiating out side, now this is just a theory.
I'm going to be painting my exhaust system with high heat black paint.
JMO and not based on any personal experience. Yet.

Reactions: 1 users