40th Anni. Mustang V6 3.9

Spar1er

Jul 30, 2017
Bought this car a couple months ago .. and rad blew up in smoke and radiator fluid was bubbling out of the resevior.
So I replaced the rad . And therma stats. Completely new. Topped off the fluids as well. Car sat over night ran fine at a perfect temperature. Now when I start it will be fine, But 20 minutes into a drive it will over heat cause fan shuts off. So I pull over. Turn off the car and let it sit in shade. Turn on the car and put the AC on and it will start....with me moving the fan with a little push with the finger. but as soon as I hit a bump it will shut off and over heat again..and his problem keeps happening . Should I silicone the plug to the fan so it doesn't over heat ,? Or just buy a new fan ? 2004 v6 3.9L 40th anniversary .... any feed back is good feed back . Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

But 20 minutes into a drive it will over heat cause fan shuts off. So I pull over. Turn off the car and let it sit in shade. Turn on the car and put the AC on and it will start....with me moving the fan with a little push with the finger.
^^^This sounds like bad fan bearings to me.

Note, The V6 Mustang's fan is protected by an automatic resetting circuit breaker. What I think is going on is the fan has bad bearings. This causes the fan to draw too much power. This trips the circuit breaker. After a short wile the CB will cool and reset.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Should I silicone the plug to the fan so it doesn't over heat ,? Or just buy a new fan ?
Forcing an over loaded electrical part to run without protection is a fire waiting to happen. Don't do it. Fix it.

V6 coolant refilling procedure.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...stang-irregular-rpms-showing-hot.html#2604913