Progress Thread 43 years later

Well. I got the new speedometer installed and am happy. I ordered a 20 and 19 tooth gear to see if I can get the speed closer. But, it's been raining like crazy. Maybe tomorrow?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ya where is picture of zee cute little car?
OIP.IebGeIXnYtm5y58eT43sfAHaIy.jpeg

We like beer too Ya! But zee new paint, where zee be?
609ba09e87b01d4b6f6ed379ba023694.jpg

WE was hoping you would rides us around zee little bit.

tenor-2.gif

Die Besten CobraII Auf Dich..Machshnell!

Wait - this thread is about a car....???

1625741387391.png

Sorry, I was distracted. My attention span isn't what it used to be. :rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Sun doesn't shine here unless it's 38 below zero or 100 above. Caught this image early this morning. There was a hole in the sky. IMG_3352 (2).JPG

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Back when I bought my new speedometer from Phil I mentioned that I had some old original parts. One of which was the 4-speed tranny. Yesterday he was in the city and dropped by to pick up my old transmission which he had sold already. I also gave him the rest of the parts that were cluttering up the garage and told him to pass on the favor to someone in need. He's a great contact for new and used parts and wished I would have thought of him when the metal work was being done on the Cobra II. Now I need to organize my garage.

Reactions: 2 users
Well @2Blue2, you inspired me to brave the heat and get almost all the loose ends done today. I put the center console back in and the new-old door sills. Here's a few pics.
IMG_3364.JPG
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3366.JPG

And for @Potomus Pete
3361(2).jpg
IMG_3363.JPG

I'm done working on this till next spring. And, it's almost time for an adult beverage!

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Oooh look at the paint!
Shiiiney!
Loving the ghost stripe

Dang look at that shine!
Another candidate for the museum of automotive paint perfection!
Fricken beautiful!

Oooh look at the paint!
Shiiiney!
Loving the ghost stripe

Dang look at that shine!
Another candidate for the museum of automotive paint perfection!
Fricken beautiful!
Thank you. It not only looks nice it really runs well. I'll do a video soon so you can hear it.

Reactions: 1 users