Progress Thread 43 years later

• Sponsors (?)

I'm trying to spend no money and enjoy my car. Life has been killing me with lots of $200 and $300 things. They all add up, and my wife is acting up.
Yeah this isn't cheap unless you're in the business. Even then the parts will kill you. If I ever did another one it'd be an orange King Cobra. With AC.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been fishing. Took the Cobra II and by the time I return home it'll be about a 1000 mile trip. If you look close you'll see about 1000 bugs plastered all over the front.
IMG_3368-2.jpg

Also this is a clear sky completely covered with smoke haze from the fires in Ontario.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
Drove home yesterday afternoon. Obviously I was headed south and discovered a problem I hadn't thought of. The finish panel (which is connected to the dash pad and covers the top of the dash...I had to look up the name of the part) absolutely needs to be painted with a flat color. I painted mine gloss black and was proud of the job I'd done until yesterday. The glare made it really difficult to see. Glad that it clouded up on the last 3rd of the trip. I tried to take a picture but the glare just blew away the camera.

Dashmat customer service at least used to be the best. I would not be surprised if they would do a custom color for you.
I'll pull it off and repaint it flat black and see if that makes a difference. I was also told by Phil that he is going to get some new replacement dash pads. Although the covers sold by classic auto look nice they aren't the same.

Reactions: 1 users
All you guys working on your cars...makes me feel like I should be doing something...NAA. I've been driving it around everywhere. So much fun! Today I dropped off the old '76 bumper trims to be reconditioned. Did you know they were stainless? I don't like what was put on when I had it painted. Other than that I turned the idle down because it wanted to run on when it was hot and I wanted to shut it down. Idle is set now at 650.
After the fishing trip and the 1000 miles the new rear suspension dropped about 3 inches and really smoothed out. It's been a dream to drive and gets about 17.25 MPG cruising on the highway. (I did that on purpose to see what happens when I stay really light on the gas.) Never going to happen again.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
After the fishing trip and the 1000 miles the new rear suspension dropped about 3 inches and really smoothed out. It's been a dream to drive and gets about 17.25 MPG cruising on the highway. (I did that on purpose to see what happens when I stay really light on the gas.) Never going to happen again.
3 inches?! never thought that new leaf springs and bushings will settle that much! Or did you mean 3 cm? ;)
17.25 MPG sounds good.

3". I also retorqued everything I could get at. The american U-bolts took quite a bit to get them up to snuff.
Heading out again today for more fishing.

Reactions: 1 user