5.0 5-lug coversion question (need help)

5.0Mach1

Jun 22, 2004
I plan on converting my 90 5.0 notchback to 5-lug and putting on the Ford Racing Mach 1 style rims.

Size Selected: 17x8
Price: $150 each
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Recommended Tire Size: 245/45-17
Wheel Offset: +30mm
Weight: 26.0 lbs.

Additional Specs

Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Finish Warranty: None
Country of Origin: USA
Construction Type: 1pc. LP Cast

I was hoping to find out if I would just be able to buy the kit and rims and then put them on. Will I have to alter anything under the wheelwell? Any help with this topic would be appreciated. And I can clarify things if they need clarification. Thank you all for your time.

• Sponsors (?)

What conversion kit will you be using? I have the Mach1 wheels on my car with no tire rubbing anywere. They fit perfectly.

ToddsCoupe.jpg

Coupe91mach.jpg

post-7-1072312544.jpg

Mustang5L5 said:
It makes no difference what you use out back to convert, but you will need SN95 parts up front to run those wheels

Actually I used Lincoln rotors on the front. I had to die grind a bevel on the end of the rotor slightly, but it didn't take much to get the front wheel on. The rotors also fit under the stock caps.... :nice:

RTGreen said:
Actually I used Lincoln rotors on the front. I had to die grind a bevel on the end of the rotor slightly, but it didn't take much to get the front wheel on. The rotors also fit under the stock caps.... :nice:

Really? COuld you get the center cap on?

RTGreen said:
That conversion Kit will work, but the front rotor will still have to be tappered. If you are not comfortable with die grinding your rotors do the sn95 spindle upgrade :nice:

Please forgive my ignorance, I'd like to know what you mean when you say die grind the rotors. Please be specific because I plan on doing this conversion myself.

Thanks

GT Trooper said:
Please forgive my ignorance, I'd like to know what you mean when you say die grind the rotors. Please be specific because I plan on doing this conversion myself.

Thanks

I'm putting on Lowering springs this weekend. I'll take pictures of the rotors when I start the spring install and post them next week :nice: