5.0 trouble

Akersbd

Apr 20, 2018
Porterville CA
All,
New to the forum so bear with me please. I have a 1991 LX 5.0 it’s been a great car. Lately I’ve been having an issue that’s a bit hard to explain. I can drive to work in the morning and it runs perfect. On the way home after about 2 miles it will start running rough and eventually die. When it does you can hear the fuel pump clicking off and on rapidly which floods the car. If I let it sit for a bit like 10 mins or so it will start back up and maybe make it home. It doesn’t always do this and it doesn’t throw any codes. I have replaced the fuel pump relay and the ICM and still no luck. Anyone have this issue before? Thank you in advance. . F922F50B-35AC-49CE-B359-82598B68310B.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

No code 11 (two flashes when the computer dumps the codes)? A perfectly functioning system will always get a code 11, it is the everything is OK code. The 11 code is computer passed its internal self test.
If you don't get an 11, you have computer or wiring problems.
Please check and repost.

Just to be sure you have the things connected up correctly. here's some help.
Dump codes sticky

Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL (Check Engine Light) isn’t on. You don’t need a code reader or scanner – all you need is a paper clip, or if your lady friend has a hair pin, that will do the job.
I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/