5 lug conversion fox body with 95 rear end, 17x9 too wide?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
guys I cant find the link to matt's site, I did the 5 lug swap using a 95 model rear end, I found a deal on some wheels but the rears are american racing torq thrusts 17x9, will they not work, I thought I remembered reading on his site that with the SN95 rear that 17x9's wouldnt work, just double checking before I buy them

• Sponsors (?)

Shakerhood said:
It Depends on the backspacing as Ford used to make a 17x9 Cobra R for the rear of a Fox Mustang with SN95 Axles!

:stupid:
I did this very swap. 95 GT rear in my 90 GT hatch. I had 17x9's with 255's for a long time, just had to massage the lip of the fender well a small amount. When I put the 275s on though, I had do some more hammer work.
Before doing the swap, I was told by several sources that this rear would work if the backspacing from the 95 was used. It did work.

good luck

vristang said:
:stupid:
I did this very swap. 95 GT rear in my 90 GT hatch. I had 17x9's with 255's for a long time, just had to massage the lip of the fender well a small amount. When I put the 275s on though, I had do some more hammer work.
Before doing the swap, I was told by several sources that this rear would work if the backspacing from the 95 was used. It did work.

good luck
i agree, im running 275s on the rear of my fox with SN95 rear end.

I had to roll the rear fenders, but as long as you use 03 cobra or Cobra R backspacing, which i believe is 6.92", youll be in good shape once you roll the fenders.

Also, if you have quad shocks, i cant tell you what to do with those as i dont run them anymore. Maybe flipping them, or if you have good LCAs and UCAs on the car, you can eliminate them altogether.

Kumm3 said:
Also, if you have quad shocks, i cant tell you what to do with those as i dont run them anymore. Maybe flipping them, or if you have good LCAs and UCAs on the car, you can eliminate them altogether.

Mine are still there. Not flipped. No clearance issues on the inboard side.