5 lug to run tri-bars

• Sponsors (?)

so if i wanted to do a real basic job and a major budget, I need the 5 lug rear axles, if i can't find a set i can get the ones from a ranger. What drums do i use? like from what car for the rear? and what rotors do i get? from a mark right? thanks

ya the mark rotors....ranger/aerostar axles (i beleive BOTH have to be drivers side), and i think the ranger drums.....I just bought the whole kit from 50 resto because i came with all NEW parts, oil, all the bearings and seals, and some directions if ya need em.

View attachment 419671
View attachment 419673
View attachment 419675
View attachment 419677

heres when i had 275's all the way around for a while....ya i drove like a grandma with em on lol (also had the camera set wrong)

View attachment 419679
View attachment 419681
View attachment 419683

the tri-bars are 17's right?

So i think I have a new thing on my list, not till after the new year though

I'll get the 2 ranger axles, and ranger drums

and I'll get the mark rotors for upfront and i'll get the newer calipers off a 87 up

and the tribars, i think it'll be a little bit of a upgrade and give it awsome rims, but i have to see how the end of the year goes first

The 85 spindle is different than the 87+, and you will need the whole spindle from an 87+ GT, only the v8 spindles will work. And since the 87+ GT spindle is a thinner casting you will need to change the struts too unless you modify the strut bolt holes. Also, you can run longer studs and a 7/8th spacer to run any rim you want. It looks and drives fine and actually pushes the tire away so you dont rub with lowered mustangs. I ran 99 Cobra rims and I could use the center cap and everything, and I had 87 spindles and 5-lug rotors. It did not stick out far.

well i think the whole stock set up can be had cheaply, i'll just find someone who is doing the 5 lug swap and get the stock parts, or i'm sure i can get them easily, if i run the mark rotors do i have to do the 87+upgrade?

If i can get the spindles for cheap i'll use the rotors, if not untill i can do the swap i found i can use ranger rotors with my 85 setup

You'll need the spindles, caliper and brake lines in addition to the Mark 7 rotors.

Also, you should upgrade your single diaphram booster to the 87+ V8 dual diaphram booster. It's a little stronger

if i get the 87+ booster, is it just a bolt up deal? and I might be getting another 4 banger parts car, could anything from a 4 banger be used to upgrade my 85? i don't think it will