$5k, A 99' gt, what do I do?

.:.SuShIeAtEr.:

Apr 22, 2004
What can I do for 5k in my 99'? Im thinking supercharger, but I also want forged internals and probably 3.73 gears. Help me out. I wanna make around 400 to 500 hp. It'll probably take more than 5k to do that, but what should I save my money for and what should I spend??????

Thank you for all suggestions in advance!!! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

.:.SuShIeAtEr.: said:
What can I do for 5k in my 99'? Im thinking supercharger, but I also want forged internals and probably 3.73 gears. Help me out. I wanna make around 400 to 500 hp. It'll probably take more than 5k to do that, but what should I save my money for and what should I spend??????

cobra killer kit with novi 2000 and air to air intercooler , or 9 lb kenne bell with intercooler , either way should put about 400 RWHP and be safe on stock internals , www.modularfordpowerhouse.com

for $5k, i suggest the following.

forged internals - $3k
P&P heads and cams - $1800 or so.

that would be a great start to a hi-powered car. add the exhaust a little later, then the blower, and you're all set.

I'd suggest you prep your motor with forged internals, heads, cams, and a valvetrain that are all set up for boost. You'll spend the $5K really quick on just that. Later on down the line you can get the kenne bell SC or pick up a centrifugal setup and your motor will be ready for it. If you don't you run the risk of detonation. Don't get too caught up in the hunt for horsepower that you don't keep your motor intact.

Makalani_96GT said:
Go with the Kenne Bell you can run that on stock bottom end and the you can save for a forged kit later. they only go for 1400. I say Boost now, horsepower forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flag:

that doesn't include the labor. the labor is just as expensive as the kit.

DBMSTNG said:
for $5k, i suggest the following.

forged internals - $3k
P&P heads and cams - $1800 or so.

that would be a great start to a hi-powered car. add the exhaust a little later, then the blower, and you're all set.

Forged internals for $3k...is that just parts or installed? :shrug:

.:.SuShIeAtEr.: said:

just remember if you're not going to get forged internals- the key to a great running supercharged motor without problems is a great tune. i recommend SCT tune..

FR-S8N said:
i say... take that $5k , save it.. sell your car, and buy an 03 Cobra.

Nice thought, however, I imagine the best price you can get on a used '03 Cobra is about $25k. His GT is worth probably about $10k. He needs an extra $10k before thinking about this.