5w-20 or 5w-30? doesn't matter, right?

With 10K oil changes I ain't taking any chances!
rezk4ajyb9d21.png

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't care what Ford, BMW or anybody else for that matter, says, I ain't let'n my oil change go to 10k.
i have a honda accord with 375k miles and it gets changed every 10-11k. one thing i would have to mention though is that my model year had an issue with the piston rings not seating right or something, i have to add a quart every 1-2 weeks or so depending on my travel, which i look at as a good thing as i always have fresh oil in there. probably spend about $150-$200 a year in oil i guess.

i have a honda accord with 375k miles and it gets changed every 10-11k. one thing i would have to mention though is that my model year had an issue with the piston rings not seating right or something, i have to add a quart every 1-2 weeks or so depending on my travel, which i look at as a good thing as i always have fresh oil in there. probably spend about $150-$200 a year in oil i guess.

So you are interval oil changing it way below 10k miles.

Kurt

Honestly, 10k oil changes are probably fine. There are millions of cars running across this Country, and the owners get the oil changed when the light comes on. It's not like there are mass engine failures out there.

Kurt

I run my Taurus to 10K between changes. Doesn't burn a drop in between either.

6QTs of Mobil 1, I don't lose any sleep over it.
With the right oil in the right engine in the right driving conditions, 10k OCIs are no big deal. I did them in my 2014 F150 with its 3.7 running Pennzoil Platinum for my 100 mile a day highway commute with zero issues.

In a 302? Hell no, I wouldn't try it.