65- mustang bucket seats

nmichael

Nov 19, 2009
I am new to this forum thing so please bear with me. I am fixing up a 65 coupe on a somewhat limited budget. I am keeping the car stock pretty much stock except for the bucket seats. I want more comfort. I have a set of 83 t-bird seats that seem comfortable although they need recovered. Has anyone been on a long trip in these? Are they comfortable? And will they look good in a 65 coupe? I also found 98 mustang buckets for $100 but they are grey so would need recovered (about $850 to recover 2 seats at my upholstery shop). I understand they would sit a little higher but maybe not a problem since I am 5'7".

• Sponsors (?)

65 bucket seats

have you thought of getting new foam for the mustang seats? NPD has seat foam listed in their catalog. I think they had a couple of options. Might be a cheaper way to go, and still keep the car close to orginal with added comfort. :shrug:

I have a '68 and am using a pair of '98 Mustang seats. They are OK but sit a little high for me (I'm about 6'1"). They are an improvement over my borken stock seats though. You can use the stock 60s seat tracks but need to do some drilling on two of the four holes where the tracks attach to the seat frame. There is some good info on this online, I'll see if I can dig it up.