• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

66 convertible rear sway bar question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ophthos
  • Start date Start date Nov 8, 2018
O

Ophthos

Member
Nov 2, 2018
4
1
13
Attleboro, MA
Nov 8, 2018
#1
  • Nov 8, 2018
  • #1
New to Mustangs and the forum. I have a 66 convertible GT clone. I'm replacing the rear leaf springs with 1"drop springs. I've already replaced the front and rear shocks with Scott Drake shocks. I have new Scott drake 1" lowering contour shocks to go on the front. I will be replacing the upper and lower control arms at some point. I have a front sway bar but I will be upgrading to a 1" bar when I do the front.

Question is I Don't have a rear sway bar on the car and I would like to put one on. Did the factory hav eone for the 66? I can't seem to find anything from some of the larger parts places, IE NPD, CJ's. Before I go buy something like the ADDCO one, is there a factory one?

I plan on this car being a daily driver (weather permitting). I don't mind a stiff ride but I don't want a track/auto cross car.

Peter
 

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
12,411
8,350
233
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Nov 8, 2018
#2
  • Nov 8, 2018
  • #2
They did not have one on the rear from the factory ,you can ad one from one of the mustang parts vendors
 
O

Ophthos

Member
Nov 2, 2018
4
1
13
Attleboro, MA
Nov 9, 2018
#3
  • Nov 9, 2018
  • #3
horse sence said:
They did not have one on the rear from the factory ,you can ad one from one of the mustang parts vendors
Click to expand...
Thanks for the reply. Got an ADDCO one on order.
 
Reactions: horse sence
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
550
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
F
Sway Bar Endlinks
  • Fri Guy
  • Jun 30, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
350
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 30, 2025
Fri Guy
F
Progress Thread 91GTstroked 90 7 up convertible build
  • 91GTstroked
  • Apr 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
403
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 22, 2026
91GTstroked
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
220
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
G
Front Sway bar HELP
  • Grabberblueguy77
  • May 28, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
436
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 28, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?