100_4835_detail.JPG

old I6
100_4202_detail.JPG

gone
100_4802_detail.JPG

and the replacement
100_4836_detail.JPG

100_4838_detail.JPG

I thought I was going to go 289 or something in that area but this popped up for a good price and couldn't pass it up. Wife's car and she approved the buy. I think she will be totally surprised when she actually drives a car with this in it.

• Sponsors (?)

so I added more pics this time.

Not a lick of rust (rot) just a little surface rust. The floors are just dirty and some of the installation is stuck on them but they are totally solid. frame rails and truck were the same. gotta love the AZ cars.

I am trying to get it as a roller to make it easier to work on. I bought some dollies so I can move it side to side without having to take it out of the garage and what not but I have to get the rear narrowed first. still contemplating narrowing it myself and building my own jig but having a professional do it just sounds better. I can weld on the spring perches afterward.

Any progress?

I wish you lived near me, I would love to help you with that. All my friends have fox or newer Mustangs, I don't have any buddies with classics.

My friend with a fox coupe that we're doing body work to that also has the drivetrain out right now uses two 4 wheeled wooden dollies (like for furniture and stuff) under his front wheels, and puts the jack under the rearend and we just scoot it across the floor that way. He backs his 01 out, and we scoot the 88 into the middle of the shop that way.