67 coupe rear spoiler; not GT/CS style

67P51

May 2, 2005
I am toying with the idea of a rear spoiler on my car. I am not too fond of the GT/CS style ducktails.
I really like the "flatter" stlye seen on the Roushes and (I think) the 2010+ V6 cars. Not a big one, but something tastefull.
Anybody seen one or thought about it?

Attachments

• DSCN6990.jpg
    DSCN6990.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 10,284
  • DSCN6991.jpg
    DSCN6991.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 3,885
  • Sponsors (?)

At one point I wanted to put on a 1969 Trans Am rear spoiler. I think the body lines are pretty similiar to a mustang and TA and would look great. I am sure there would have to be some modifications done to the spoiler but should not be to bad if you are decent with fiberglass.

Let me know what you come up with as well, I have a chin spoiler that I love on the front of my 67 coupe but I have always felt the car looked a little unbalanced with the stock trunk lid. I have considered the shelby fiberglass, but I like the MUSTANG lettering and chrome appearance trim too much.

rear spoiler

Thanks to all for the input.
Have checked the suggested websites before and since, but nothing is quite right. Camaro exaples are too much like the ducktail GT/CS ones.

I ran Silver State Challenge on Sept 19 and had a chance to see about a dozen new Mustang, Shelby and Roush cars side by side. Angles and general style are fine, but they are just too big for my taste. I think a 60-70% version of the GT one is what I need to build.

Currently focusing on modifying my front spoiler to lower it a bit and add a splitter for next May's race. When I get more info or ideas on the rear, I'll pass it along.