7.5 gears?

• Sponsors (?)

im not sure about the older 5.0's but on the newer 4cyl's with 7.5's, standards had 3.73's and auto's had 4.10's. so just find a newer four banger and pull the rearend. You probably already knew that but, yeah. adios.

cenok is family said:
im not sure about the older 5.0's but on the newer 4cyl's with 7.5's, standards had 3.73's and auto's had 4.10's. so just find a newer four banger and pull the rearend. You probably already knew that but, yeah. adios.

Are you sure? Isn't it 3:73 for auto and 3:43 (or something) for manual? But yeah just get some gears from an auto 4 banger but I'd suggest a 8.8 right away while playing in that area...

well. i just found some at summit they have 3.45 and 3.73s for the 7.5 inch. i'm searching the boards right now on which to go to. the thing that i'm thinking about is that i go to school 450 miles away and make the trip 6 or 7 times a year. any thoughts?

get an 8.8 swap, theyll last longer. i learned this turbo coupe thing from someone on stangnet, sorry i cant give credit personally, but go to a junkyard and find a ford turbo coupe, it had an 8.8 rear end with 3.55's (stick) or 3.73's (auto) and while your in there you can grab the rear axles and disc brakes for a full rear end upgrade, all parts for easily under 350 bucks.

The newer and older 4cyl have better gears but no way do the newer auto's have 4.10's.....keep dreaming, maybe 3.53's or what the other guy said but in the 4's......no way, but they do have better gears than there bigger brothers. Dumb, I think, but true. I have always been told to swap and don't waste money on the 7.5" save for the 8.8, much stronger rearend. Why risk it? It is an easy swap but gear swaps are much harder.