'72 Headlight Switch Advise Needed

aweedman

Jun 30, 2006
San Francisco
Somewhere along the way the Bezel for my '72 Mustang headlight switch got removed and lost so the switch was just hanging by the wires below the dash. I was able to get a used Bezel and the retaining bolt that screws into the switch from the outside (very hard to find as they don't make new ones). However, the switch had a whole bunch of space between it and the inside of the dash when the bolt was screwed in. So, I found a switch that has a little bracket in front of it that takes up some space. However, even with this bracket there is still some play where the bezel won't tighten flush with the dash.

Am I missing a spacer or something? If so, does anyone have an idea of where to get one?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That's going to be a tough part to make by hand in any material. Here are a few pictures to assist you: (graph paper is divided into 0.200 squares)

LIGHT-SWITCH-SPACER.JPG

LIGHT-SWITCH-SPACER-1.JPG

LIGHT-SWITCH-SPACER-2.JPG

LIGHT-SWITCH-SPACER-3.JPG

LIGHT-SWITCH-SPACER-4.JPG

LIGHT-SWITCH-SPACER-5.JPG

Thanks for the pics Platonic. I'd love to find an original but what I ended up doing is take a big piece of styrofoam, drilled a hole through the middle, and then razorbladed the block down until it gave nice tight fit. It's working good.