Fuel 74 hatch anyone done a Fuel cell?

Ed88

Aug 21, 2017
So I was wondering if anyone has put a fuel cell in their mII? Was thinking of a few different ways to do it but as I've not messed with them before especially on this car I was looking for some advice.

I know alot of people are gonna say just
get a new tank. I'm just exploring options right now. So I guess if anyone has any advice or pictures of how they've done it that would be cool.

Also on a random note do you have to remove the timing cover on the v6 to get the fuel pump off to change it? Because I can't seem to get to the bottom bolt.

Eddie

• Sponsors (?)

I did not have to remove the timing cover on my 6 to remove the fuel pump. I'm certain it was tight, and based on the shape of the pump, an open-ended wrench is probably the best bet.

My II is a hatch so I didn't consider a fuel cell, but I thought about it -- the spare-tire shaped ones (rounded cell) would be a really easy fit in the trunk.

I tried getting one on that bottom bolt but had no room to move it lol maybe I'm stupid lol

I thought about that but can't find one I'm willing to pay for plus they tend to be small. I'm looking at maybe doing one that's 14-16 gallons.

I installed a Fox tank. Requires mods (what doesn't for our cars?!? lol) Video of mine on youtube if you don't mind my impromptu commentary.... ;)

I love how helpful this forum is lol
I've decided then when I get home from this stint on the road I'm just honn drop the tank and clean it out then decide, depending on its condition. Then replace the lines and do an inline pump. I'm seeing online people say 4psi from the fuel pressure regulator and some people say 7psi so I figure I'd do 5psi and fine tune it from there.

Eddie