75mm Accufab throttle body/plenum and fuel consumption MPG

• Sponsors (?)

propellerhead said:
Shell. 93 Octane.

That's a good supplier (I work in the industry). Must have been a fluke or a bad shipment. Check again from that station and if still bad fill from another Shell station and see what happens. If it keeps up, try Chevron. Might be some other factors. Gas is getting really expensive so I don't put it past a station to do some stupid ****.

propellerhead said:
What could they do that could screw with my MPG that bad? I didn't hear any pinging the few times I got on it.

I'm not a gas guy but I'm a software developer that deals with their "commodity futures" that ****s all of us (but I have no control over that). I'm just saying that Shell is a good supplier. I've had bad gas before from Texaco and they are now part of Shell. They are good. I figured it was the station. It took me awhile to get rid of it. Also, when was the last time you changed your plugs?

You'll be fine. I doubt it's your TB setup. But I'm no expert.

I got 112 miles on my tank today, filled up with 13 gallons... Apparantly 3rd gear on the highway without shifting and launching from every light isn't good

myponyrocks said:
I got 112 miles on my tank today, filled up with 13 gallons... Apparantly 3rd gear on the highway without shifting and launching from every light isn't good

Crap dude... third gear...? What... were you waiting to jump on everyone? (Not like I don't do the same thing. Just wait till the KB is completely installed...) :D

myponyrocks said:

Holy...:jaw:

I bet you could WATCH your gauge move, huh?

Thats like 8.6 mpg right there...

acetone

try a few oz's of pure acetone , it works , look it up on-line I have been doing for over a year , no damage more power & great mpg , be carefull not to spill any on your paint 2-3 oz per full tank & you will see the change right away