Resolved 77 Mustang II Hatchback Headliner

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
Howdy,
I'm replacing my headliner But I can't figure out how to get the bows out of the car. The bows on the 60's models have straight ends on the so all you have to do is push towards the center and they pop right out. The ends of the bows in the II have a 90 degree bend after they pass through the holes in the roof. I can't figure out how to get one side out without bending the heck out the bow. Anyone done this before?

• Sponsors (?)

Howdy,
I'm replacing my headliner But I can't figure out how to get the bows out of the car. The bows on the 60's models have straight ends on the so all you have to do is push towards the center and they pop right out. The ends of the bows in the II have a 90 degree bend after they pass through the holes in the roof. I can't figure out how to get one side out without bending the heck out the bow. Anyone done this before?
Hopefully you've figured it out by now, but it's the same process. The end that sticks into the body is only about 1/2" at most, it's not enough to cause damage to the rod.