80mm MAF and STOCK AIR BOX

• Sponsors (?)

well i personally just switched to the lightning 90mm MAF. I used racepartsolutions.com for their silicone fittings. The 90mm is 4" outside diameter while the stock air inlet tube and air box has a 3.5" outside diameter. So I just used the fittings to adapt the bigger MAF. Take a measurement and see what size you need, then you can use whatever size you want.

And if you are talking about being the flat part where can put an adapter plate on I cut mine off. But there is a place you can get those plates. Then you can get the silicone fittings to go on nicely. I believe the website is Kustomz.com.... check them out and they should have everything you need.

Not sure about the pro-m maf.But a 80mm lmaf or 90mm lmaf will work with a stock air box fine..I use one on my own.
011.jpg

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 763
White99gt where did you get that elbow from? Also its not a problem that your going from stock 3.5 inch to a 4inch pipe? Isnt that kind of a bottle neck?

I got the elbow off ebay.But you can buy it buy itself from many places(new its like 99.00)..

I doubt its a restriction.Esp compaired to the stock stuff..Its making 300rwhp so it flows pretty good.:flag:

I have a question.... isn't 90mm way overkill on a N/A engine? :shrug: I would imagine you could run a 77 on a N/A and be just fine... why so big? Every engine builder i've talked to rec a 77 would be just right on N/A and the bigger ones are left for blowers...

I have a question.... isn't 90mm way overkill on a N/A engine? :shrug: I would imagine you could run a 77 on a N/A and be just fine... why so big? Every engine builder i've talked to rec a 77 would be just right on N/A and the bigger ones are left for blowers...

No such thing as overkill.Also most meters that are 77 or so are either pro-m or c&l which (to me) suck...The 80 and 90mm lmaf are FORD meters are cake to tune plus they have way better drivability than any older maf,mainly due to them being designed for OBDII cars which have stricter standards. ..

If i believed what half the peaple told me ,id be running afr or twick flow heads and a custom cam to get to 300rwhp...

Like my moto is:
Research is the difference between speculation and investment:flag: