86 Modified Won't Idle After Work Done

Pugman1212

Jun 7, 2013
Ok I have been here before. Still ain't easy making mods and getting car to run right. I have a 86 gt mass air, stock bottom rebuilt, blower cam 1.70 roller rockers, aluminum Canfield heads, typhoon intake,, 30lb injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 255 lph fuel pump stock fuel lines, vortech v1 6-8 lbs of boost. Ok car ran great but needed a bit more top end pull intake was killing me. I just installed a new holley systemax intake along with 42 lb injectors and new pro m 75mm mass air calb. For 42's., put a jeg's oile seperator and installed it in the PVC line to help with oil blow by! Car won't idle surges constantly fuel pressure is at 40lbs with vacumm off. Tried to adjust idle screw but no good. All lines are connected and there's no leaks. Any ideas.... Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 159,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

follow jrichker's checklists.. they work. Don't tease me, let me see some pics of your 86. I don't see them out on the road much anymore, except mine and she will be getting parked for the winter pretty soon

follow jrichker's checklists.. they work. Don't tease me, let me see some pics of your 86. I don't see them out on the road much anymore, except mine and she will be getting parked for the winter pretty soon
image.jpg

NICE!!! T-Top GT. It just looks fast sitting still. Black on black, 5 lug conv, 2 inch hood?, mabe 1.5 inch drop springs, new paint. I wish my garage had that much room. Any luck on your surge? If it dident have the blower, I could help you. I don't know anything about those setups Nice pic...

NICE!!! T-Top GT. It just looks fast sitting still. Black on black, 5 lug conv, 2 inch hood?, mabe 1.5 inch drop springs, new paint. I wish my garage had that much room. Any luck on your surge? If it dident have the blower, I could help you. I don't know anything about those setups Nice pic...
Thanks, garage is roomy I got a 79 ace car that's in there too. Car has a lower intake leak gotta tear it down all over again.... :poo: happens.