88 fox MAF conversion

Frank69

Jul 10, 2018
NL, Canada
Hey folks, new to this forum
Anyway I have a 88 mustang converted to manual, now I want to convert it to MAF. I have a A3M1 ecu but my biggest issue is that from all the info I’ve read online, the O2 jumper wire has to be correct. When I checked mine doesn’t have one at all. Will this be a problem trying to convert to mass air?

• Sponsors (?)

No O2 mod required on '88 GT MT. A3M1 is unfamiliar to me.
Knowing that you car is an '88 is not enough.
Found this & there is more.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/gen...nual-auto-differences-year-differences-3.html
The car is an 88 GT, originally aod, changed to 5 speed. I haven’t took the original ecu out yet to know exactly what it is. The engine has been modified with a E303 cam and ford racing heads. Right now it runs like garbage, banging and back firing. When I checked it recommended MAF for that cam. Glad to know the O2 don’t need changing. Thanks!

Earlier '88 did not have the jumper. Later '88 (like mine) did. The cars are wired differently so it shouldn't be an issue.

You still want to go ahead and check pin 46 for voltage during crank and run.

This question frequently comes up with 87 guys doing the same swap as there is no jumper on those at all. The problem is the factory wiring diagrams don't differentiate for the 1988 model year the wiring differences between the early models sans jumper and the later ones with

Last edited: