Engine 88 GT head gasket question

• Sponsors (?)

With boost in these 5.0 engines the head gasket installation needs to be perfect or near perfect. With only 4 bolts around each cylinder, theses engines are already known for head gasket problems. Add the dramatically increased cylinder pressures of a boosted application and head gasket problems will show up unless you take all measures to ensure things are as good as they can be. Both heads and block deck need to be properly checked for flatness. Anything out of spec even .001 and you're asking for trouble.

I had 9333's with milled heads and ARP head studs. Head gaskets still wouldn't hold. I didn't solve my problem until I had the block decked and went with Cometic gaskets. That was my experience anyway. Others may have different

With boost in these 5.0 engines the head gasket installation needs to be perfect or near perfect. With only 4 bolts around each cylinder, theses engines are already known for head gasket problems. Add the dramatically increased cylinder pressures of a boosted application and head gasket problems will show up unless you take all measures to ensure things are as good as they can be. Both heads and block deck need to be properly checked for flatness. Anything out of spec even .001 and you're asking for trouble.

I had 9333's with milled heads and ARP head studs. Head gaskets still wouldn't hold. I didn't solve my problem until I had the block decked and went with Cometic gaskets. That was my experience anyway. Others may have different[an, I'm starting to lean towards a deck block.

I had 9333's with milled heads and ARP head studs. Head gaskets still wouldn't hold. I didn't solve my problem until I had the block decked and went with Cometic gaskets. That was my experience anyway. Others may have different
Well man, I'm leaning towards the cometic gasket because I don't want that problem. Any idea on how much it would cost to have my head's resurfaced for comectic gasket?