88 Mustang GT

A little about myself I am a Junior in high school in Illinois. I am a Mopar guy, but I do love mustangs and always have since both of my parents have owned many Mustangs throughout my life including two svo's (one of which was a comp prep) this 88 gt and now a 2006 GT. have a 2011 Charger Mopar 11 but recently decided that I wanted to get my moms 88 mustang gt convertible back on the road. It has been sitting for a long time in a storage building, but after a new battery, it started after four cranks. I was following my dad on the way home and noticed that something was up with the turn signals. Whenever he would turn on one signal it would make the brake lights stop working and only that one light would be on, but it was not flashing. Already checked the fuse and it seemed fine so I don't know where to go next. Also, have an AMP light on and assumed that the alternator may be bad. That seems like all that is wrong with it other than that it badly needs a new top. Here are some pics of it in the storage building and my garage.

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3307.jpg
    IMG_3307.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3308.jpg
    IMG_3308.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome !

Does that car have the red black and white door panels ? My 89 was my favorite car I ever owned. The tops aren't that complicated to do if you have an electric staple gun and stainless steel staples. If you decide to tackle it I can give you loads of tips.

That thing sure is clean under the hood. Very nice.

I was an import guy...then got let loose on a few mustangs. Never looked back.

The Mopars are OK...

Welcome !

Does that car have the red black and white door panels ? My 89 was my favorite car I ever owned. The tops aren't that complicated to do if you have an electric staple gun and stainless steel staples. If you decide to tackle it I can give you loads of tips.

That thing sure is clean under the hood. Very nice.

I was an import guy...then got let loose on a few mustangs. Never looked back.

The Mopars are OK...

Yes, it does have the red white and black panels. I think that we will probably take it somewhere to have a new top put on just because we aren't that comfortable with that type of work.

All the bulbs appear to be working. I remember before we put it away that the signals were getting slower and slower so I believe that the flasher relay may have gone out.
things getting slower like turn sinals could be an indication of a weak charging system, so get that working right first.