Engine 88GT engine rebuild

Stroke seems to be 3.4" though I have no reliable way to measure exactly at the moment. Definitely more than a 3" stroke. The bottom of the cylinders seem to be clearanced, though not nearly as much as I have seen on some. Nothing hits though. It has been bored .030 by verifying the Piston stamp. Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_20191124_182003.jpg

IMG_20191124_202732.jpg

Does appear to have the stroker notches cut into the bottom of the piston bores.

Do you have a caliper with a depth measuring probe on it? Drop a piston to the bottom of the bore and measure that way. 3.4" is a 347 and 3.25" is a 331.

Lol. 42lb injectors have no place...

I guess I have gotten so accustomed to tuning aftermarket efi that I dont think in stock terms anymore. I never suggest less than a 47lb injector on any sbf.
Does every build need that much injector, no.... yet that's what i recommend anyway.

Update: I found a freshly hot tanked, checked, and assembled 331 stroker short block. It's still sitting at the machine shop. I'm going to sell my short block and get this instead. It's cheaper than I would spend on getting the 347 back up and running.