88GT in North Carolina

Hello, I'm a long time lurker and the time has come to sign up proper. I had an 87 for about 12 years before abandoning it to something a bit more dependable as a daily driver. I picked up this 88 in 2015 in better shape and allowed me to start over and not repeat some of my questionable decisions in the late 90's and early 2000's when I was younger and dumber. I've tried to keep the mods somewhat modest. It's got explorer GT40 heads, upper, and lower, a comp XE270HR-12 cam and a some 4.10s in the rear. I just got it out of the body shop and a friend of mine is helping to freshen up the interior. Looking forward to getting the interior done so I can get back to the fun part of driving it. It's my weekend cruiser.

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_131023.jpg
    IMG_20210116_131023.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello, I'm a long time lurker and the time has come to sign up proper. I had an 87 for about 12 years before abandoning it to something a bit more dependable as a daily driver. I picked up this 88 in 2015 in better shape and allowed me to start over and not repeat some of my questionable decisions in the late 90's and early 2000's when I was younger and dumber. I've tried to keep the mods somewhat modest. It's got explorer GT40 heads, upper, and lower, a comp XE270HR-12 cam and a some 4.10s in the rear. I just got it out of the body shop and a friend of mine is helping to freshen up the interior. Looking forward to getting the interior done so I can get back to the fun part of driving it. It's my weekend cruiser.
Nice looking ride man! I kinda like that yellow/black look!

welcome!! Looks good Any engine pics?
Sorry, no engine pics at the moment. But, honestly there isn't much to look at. I'm putting the factory airbox back in to get rid of the cone filter just hanging out in the engine bay. So, it will be almost completely stock looking under there other than the intake. And I didn't have the money to paint the engine bay yellow either, had to compromise somewhere, so they blacked it out as best as they could without removing everything.
Finally a good picture of the cheese graters. Excellent specimen, like the color and rims.
You don’t see cheese graters that often. I was beginning to forget what they looked like
To me, nothing says GT better than a nice set of cheese graters! I am an unapologetic cheese grater fan!

Yeah, I really like the grey tweed too. The seats were most of the money went here. I had a good passenger seat and a very mediocre driver seat, typical of most foxbodys. I thought about putting on the tmi seat covers or buying new seats entirely. But any deviation from stock just doesn't look right to me for the grey interior. I think an all-black interior handles these changes much better than grey.

I ended up finding a great passenger seat, bought another driver seat from a junk yard, transferred the passenger's foam and fabric over to the driver's seat frame, and had all the vinyl re-done. They turned out great. Now I have a driver's seat that looks better than the passenger's.

Come on let’s relive the 90s and early 2000s with a a 5 inch monster tach for every and don’t forget the shift light!

I had one back in the early 2000's with an AOD.

Took me forever to find a good gauge cluster pod without any holes to replace my old one once i realized how silly that was.