9 inch rearend swap

chris27289

Sep 3, 2007
eden nc
I have a 89 mustang With a bad 7.5 rear end. The car was a 4 cyl but now it holds a 351W. I want to go 5 lug and I have 95 spindles for the front. So here is the question. Are there any ford cars from the 60's or 70's with a 9 inch the same width as my 7.5? I know I'll have to fab all the brackets for the control arms but this will give me 5 lugs and a easy way to change gears. I know you can buy this new but I'm trying to save some money by getting a used one. This car is becoming a money pit!

• Sponsors (?)

Or you could just build the piss out of an 8.8. There are many nice parts out there these days that can make one just as strong as the 9". MM&FF and 5.0 Mustang mags have covered this quite well.

i have a bare housing for ya with the control arm brackets already in place.i pulled it from an abandoned racecar project 79 capri that a guy was just going to scrap. i was gonna use it but have since decided to go with 5 lug 4 wheel disc with abs on my 84 gt350. you can have it for $150, but i dunno about shipping. i'm in west tenn,let me know if you're interested!