90 foxbody GT

Jumping in specifically on the topic of Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer.

Generally, I agree that these quick-fix additives are just that, a quick-fix, and temporary. They're not meant to be a long-term solution to a problem. However, it is worth balancing risk and reward.

This Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer stuff has a long history of being generally recognized as safe. I know the detriments of head gasket fixes and radiator sealers, but I have not found truly credible evidence that this stuff can cause any internal damage. Also, it works most of the time to cure the issue and buy some time.

If your engine is your temple, don't do it. But if you would rather not waste a day or weekend now to do this work, its worth a shot.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hows it going everyone. New to the fox family since July last year. Been a fan for a long time though. I'm 28 years old and have a 1990 Mustang GT fox body 25 year badge. 122,000 original miles. All original parts. Still really clean. My only major issue now is I believe the rear main seal is going as I have oil on the ground after I'm done driving. Itll smoke a little while I'm driving, but not much. Other than that I keep adding a little oil here and there until I can get it fixed professionally. Although I've read some reviews on blue devil rear main seal fix? Any input on that would be great. I have some rust on all of the wheel wells, we touched them up a bit. I do some research on info on these cars all the time but there is nothing like human interaction to really learn. Just looking for outside info on these cars. I recently had a hood latch issue so I got a hood in my cart to get it replaced. I'm just pissed because this thing is all original. And I wanted to keep it that way. But gotta do what you gotta do right ? Check out my mustang and tell me what you think. Just wanting to talk to my fellow fox lovers.
20190921_162430.jpg
20190921_162445.jpg
20190921_162532.jpg
Really nice looking car and great find! Enjoy it! Don’t worry about the hood situation. There are always going to be ups and downs but that can be sorted out. You and your dad are a great team. You did an awesome job polishing her up. Welcome to the Fox Community!