91 Fox Gt Map Light

Pinkcloud

Mar 10, 2017
Fort Yuma
Hello I have a 91 GT with factory sunroof and would like to replace the swivel map light , are there any lights that are easily adaptable or drop in ? Not digging the snake light at all :/

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if a regular dome light will work, depends on the hole made by the map light, when I did my headliner I had a vert rear view mirror that has lights in it so I didn't cut the dome light hole, maybe check out a dealer for motorhomes, a buddy of mine got a nifty little light from their accessories dept for his custom pickup.

The headliner is cut out for it, so it's hard to remove it without finding something to cover it up. Unaware of anything specifically made for that spot other than the snake light.

Honestly, the housing is really super simple. You could surgically remove the snake-light, install one or more shrouded LEDs pointed in the direction(s) you'd like and call it a day.

Finished2.JPG

Remove the light assembly

53009d1223347447-1980s-mustang-map-light-fix-34gkq3a.jpg

Here is the extent of what's behind it.

Modify the housing to your liking and re-install.

Reactions: 1 user
The internal contacts usually corrode and cause a poor connection. Have to desokder the plastic and take it apart to sand them down.

Of course, need to see why fuse blows first