91 gt convertible quarter window problem

jbird2792

Oct 9, 2006
Anyone know if there is a way to adjust the passenger side rear 1/4 window?For some reason it is leaning inward so when the windows are up there is a gap betwween the seal on the little window and the passenger main window.It seems like there should be an adjustment to make it sit flush window goes up and down fine.

• Sponsors (?)

the window bushing it most likely bad. you have to replace them. They are located inside the rear quarter and can be purchased from Late Model Resto.

Allen

:neat: I just ordered the kit for both rear quarter windows for my '90 GT Vert from Late Model Resto. you get 2 aluminum guide pole mounts(as all the factory plastic ones break) and 4 square plastic bushings that ride the guide pole.( they wear out, get brittle and break too) shipped to my house for $109- you will need the 3 bushings inside the window motors also.(everybody needs them, they turn to mush--so they are out of stock right now) 3 per motor for a total of 6 (set of 3 is $4.99- so 10 bucks). My regulators seem fine so will try this and repost the results they have a "How-To" blog with pics...

Mustang Convertible Quarter Window Restoration - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

The kit worked Great....

A bit of a pain in the butt, but not super hard.

my pole mount was not broken but I replaced it with the alum. one since I had every thing open already, with every thing loose and open I easily pryed out old pole guide bushings and put popped new ones in. lubed everything with grease.(food grade on guide pole and mobile1 synth. wheel bearing grease for motor and regulator. I opened up the cup on the window motor and cleaned all old grease out. relubed with the mobile1 replaced the 3 bushings (advance auto parts in the Dorman - help! section) reinstalled gear shaft with lots of lube. closed it back up, reinstalled it in the car. windows issues are now gone. did not even have to adjust windows. :cheers: