93 Engine Mounts In Pre-93 Chassis

jAEded

Aug 12, 2013
Cali
Background: Chassis is a 1991 otherwise everything is from a 1993. K-member is from the 1991 and the car was originally a automatic converted over to a 5-speed.

I've been having problems trying to get a pair of 93 engine mounts installed. I destroyed a set of mounts already.

The engine doesn't sit down on the k-member properly and I thought I could force it by tightening down the mounts. It twisted one of them and cocked the engine at a angle.

I bought another brand of engine mounts but I'm reluctant to try and install them. The local autoparts store lists different mounts for a 1991 and I'm not sure if I should just try those instead while I can still return the ones for the 1993?

My understanding is that the 93 mounts should fit in previous years? I thought all it does is slightly lower the engine over the other mounts?

Any help or knowledge is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought I was losing my mind.

I bought the Anchor Brand from Summit. OEM rubber. It turns out the locating pin was missing from the driver side mount. I bought a set of Duralast engine mounts today for a 93 from a local auto parts store. From outward appearances they look the same as the Anchor Brand, but the pin was in both mounts, and now the problem is fixed.