Brakes 93 foxbody - brake lights stay on

Nightstang00

Mar 20, 2017
I’m finishing up (hopefully) a 5 lug rear disk swap. I got everything bolted up and brakes bled, I was checking to see if the brake lights worked, and they were already on. At first I thought maybe I hooked the switch up wrong, but I am not sure. I started searching online and saw people talk about adjusting the booster rod , I’ve never done this before nor do I know if it’s causing my issue. I have a 93 cobra master cylinder and brake booster , 03 cobra calipers rotors and pads. The brake lights didn’t stay on with the old brake setup. I still have the intake manifold off, so I don’t know if it will correct itself when I start the car for the first time with the new brakes. Hopefully. If not, where should I start??

• Sponsors (?)

Pull up on the brake peddle, if the lights go out your rod is too short. I don't think the rod is adjustable, can't remember if the switch is either, I'll look in my book, someone may chime in before I get back.

Reactions: 1 user
The brake lights are activated by the switch on the pedal. Staying on usually means the switch is either bad, or bound up on the road from incorrect installation.

Did you install a new booster? Was is the correct booster with a curved arm, or a booster with the straight arm out of an 96-98 V6 Mustang?

Very upsetting to say... I just had the black bushing in wrong, which pressed the rod from the booster in to much. Sorry for the delay and I appreciate all the responses. All good now !!