93 mega squirt PNP2 AEM wide band

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
I purchase this coupe in July .runs ok but seemed rich .I've been taking care of some other issues since.
I set up my laptop recently with Tuner studio.
Last night I was just connected with the intent to just watch and familiarize my self with the basics.
My AEM 30-5130 Analog wide band is showing a rich condition and I am not getting any readings in tuner studio.
I have no manuals - but was able to get the wiring diagram. as shown in this link.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-5130 Analog Wideband UEGO Gauge Gasoline AFR.pdf

I found that the Brown analog output - , and White analog output + were just wire tied up in the dash and not connected.
It also appears that my 2 oxygen sensors are still connected.

So Can anyone tell me where I need to connect to?

I am unfamiliar with the term Lamda + input and Lamda - input.

• Sponsors (?)

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
im noticing some other item I think might be important -
under general settings where it states ( incorporate AFR Target - it says don't include AFR Target.
Also my EGO control sensor type is is disabled

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
I was able to get in touch with Eddie Sheeran from DIYAUTO TUNE.

He states I will be able to use pins 21 ( white ) and 22 ( Brown )on the 26 pin options connector on the back of the PNP2.

He's sending me a connector that will work. I'm waiting on it to be shipped .

However that will only take care of the 1st part of this issue.

I'll still be left with requiring a tune at that time .

In the mean time I've decided to replace all my heater hoses with silicone ones ( I don't know how old the ones on the car are ) and new ford water pump, 195

degree thermostat ( currently 180 degree), and clean and flush the radiator and lines. I also ordered a lower radiator air dam deflector - mine was missing.

A91what - I would greatly appreciate your input .

Last edited:

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
That sounds like a solid plan, get it all worked out mechanically first. When it comes tune fixing time shoot me a PM and I can get you setup if your looking for remote tuning/training. If you want to do it yourself without any help I can offer you advice on what I think should he done.

Get to it, before you know it you will be enjoying the car.

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
That sounds like a solid plan, get it all worked out mechanically first. When it comes tune fixing time shoot me a PM and I can get you setup if your looking for remote tuning/training. If you want to do it yourself without any help I can offer you advice on what I think should he done.

Get to it, before you know it you will be enjoying the car.

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
I am curious as to why the previous owner would choose to have it tuned this way. It doesn't seem like it would have been hard to hook up 2 wires and then tune it.. would you mind explaining how they managed to tune it without the afr sensor , ?

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
They did it by feel and by hand the HARD way.... or they used some 3rd party tuning software.... there is also the thought that they may have had a tuner do it for them and they may have not been familiar with the system.