93 mega squirt PNP2 AEM wide band

darryl paarman

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
I purchase this coupe in July .runs ok but seemed rich .I've been taking care of some other issues since.
I set up my laptop recently with Tuner studio.
Last night I was just connected with the intent to just watch and familiarize my self with the basics.
My AEM 30-5130 Analog wide band is showing a rich condition and I am not getting any readings in tuner studio.
I have no manuals - but was able to get the wiring diagram. as shown in this link.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/file...0 Analog Wideband UEGO Gauge Gasoline AFR.pdf

I found that the Brown analog output - , and White analog output + were just wire tied up in the dash and not connected.
It also appears that my 2 oxygen sensors are still connected.

So Can anyone tell me where I need to connect to?

I am unfamiliar with the term Lamda + input and Lamda - input.

• Sponsors (?)

I was able to get in touch with Eddie Sheeran from DIYAUTO TUNE.

He states I will be able to use pins 21 ( white ) and 22 ( Brown )on the 26 pin options connector on the back of the PNP2.

He's sending me a connector that will work. I'm waiting on it to be shipped .

However that will only take care of the 1st part of this issue.

I'll still be left with requiring a tune at that time .

In the mean time I've decided to replace all my heater hoses with silicone ones ( I don't know how old the ones on the car are ) and new ford water pump, 195

degree thermostat ( currently 180 degree), and clean and flush the radiator and lines. I also ordered a lower radiator air dam deflector - mine was missing.

A91what - I would greatly appreciate your input .

Last edited:
That sounds like a solid plan, get it all worked out mechanically first. When it comes tune fixing time shoot me a PM and I can get you setup if your looking for remote tuning/training. If you want to do it yourself without any help I can offer you advice on what I think should he done.

Get to it, before you know it you will be enjoying the car.

That sounds like a solid plan, get it all worked out mechanically first. When it comes tune fixing time shoot me a PM and I can get you setup if your looking for remote tuning/training. If you want to do it yourself without any help I can offer you advice on what I think should he done.

Get to it, before you know it you will be enjoying the car.

I am curious as to why the previous owner would choose to have it tuned this way. It doesn't seem like it would have been hard to hook up 2 wires and then tune it.. would you mind explaining how they managed to tune it without the afr sensor , ?

They did it by feel and by hand the HARD way.... or they used some 3rd party tuning software.... there is also the thought that they may have had a tuner do it for them and they may have not been familiar with the system.