Ok so I’m finally looking into wiring my AEM Failsafe wideband into my megasquirt pnp2 on my supercharged 94 Cobra. When I got the car it had no O2 sensors period so I decided to install a wideband and after installing I noticed my AFR at idle is in the 11’s which is too rich unless it’s just in the tune? But I’m at this point now of needing to have a sensor feedback to the ecu to make adjustments. However I’m becoming confused reading into the megasquirts instructions where it’s saying to place a jumper between 02 sensor to J8-43 to connect left bank OE 02 sensor or a jumper from 02 sensor to J8-44 to connect the right bank OE O2 sensor. Obviously I’m not connecting a factory O2 sensor, I’m trying to connect my wideband sensor, is it the same process for a wideband sensor being in place of a factory O2 or will this unit require function of my factory 02 to work? I have BBK longtube headers with my wideband sensor mounted on the passenger inside collector. Now to my understanding if I have this right I need to remove the cover from my mspnp2 and move my jumper to read right bank where my wideband is located, and then connect my output wire from my wideband to the pin connector for the O2 on the megasquirt and then pull up tunerstudio and make sure it’s configured to my gauge correct? I attached the instructions, sorry guys this is just my first ever wideband installation and it’s on an aftermarket stand alone ecu.

Attachments

• 16A70EA6-3DA2-41EF-AC99-C1A1E670DDAF.jpeg
    16A70EA6-3DA2-41EF-AC99-C1A1E670DDAF.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 474
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok so I’m finally looking into wiring my AEM Failsafe wideband into my megasquirt pnp2 on my supercharged 94 Cobra. When I got the car it had no O2 sensors period so I decided to install a wideband and after installing I noticed my AFR at idle is in the 11’s which is too rich unless it’s just in the tune? But I’m at this point now of needing to have a sensor feedback to the ecu to make adjustments. However I’m becoming confused reading into the megasquirts instructions where it’s saying to place a jumper between 02 sensor to J8-43 to connect left bank OE 02 sensor or a jumper from 02 sensor to J8-44 to connect the right bank OE O2 sensor. Obviously I’m not connecting a factory O2 sensor, I’m trying to connect my wideband sensor, is it the same process for a wideband sensor being in place of a factory O2 or will this unit require function of my factory 02 to work? I have BBK longtube headers with my wideband sensor mounted on the passenger inside collector. Now to my understanding if I have this right I need to remove the cover from my mspnp2 and move my jumper to read right bank where my wideband is located, and then connect my output wire from my wideband to the pin connector for the O2 on the megasquirt and then pull up tunerstudio and make sure it’s configured to my gauge correct? I attached the instructions, sorry guys this is just my first ever wideband installation and it’s on an aftermarket stand alone ecu.
Did you get this figured out? I'm surprised nobody chimed in yet.

Hi,
Just figured out my own AEM 30-0310 wideband, and might help you out. Is this the manual to your AEM? https://www.aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-4900 Wideband Failsafe Gauge.pdf
If so, to get themegasquirt to accept readings from controller do the following:
1. Remove jumper all together as you are not using oem wiring for o2 anymore.
2. There should be a 26 pin optional port on the mspnp2. You need the connector, and if you don't have it you will have to order it from diyautotune.https://www.diyautotune.com/product/db26-pigtail-harness/
3. if you follow the schematics, you shold connect white cable to port 21 & brown to port 22.
4. Go into tuner studio and set correct values for wideband. Tools-calibrate afr table- choose Custom linear WB- and plot info from manual - 0.5V 8.5 AFR & 4.5V 18.00 AFR
5. Go to - Fuel control- Ego Controle- See attachement for approx settings thatr worked for me.

Hope this helps, and if others see anything wrong please correct me :)

Attachments

• Ego controle.JPG
    Ego controle.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 347