Interior and Upholstery 93 Mustang - Door Speaker Recommendations

Looking to replace the door speakers in my 93 mustang. Thinking of going with the Hertz DCX 130.3 (5 1/4's) but would like to hear what other people have gone with. I will be replacing the factory amp with a Rockford Fosgate R2-300x4. I have a JVC KW-M56BT radio Hertz Dash and Rear speakers installed currently.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Me personally I have Diamond Audio 6.5's in the doors and their 1" soft dome tweeters in the dash run off of a Fosgate Punch 120.2 crossed over at 80 Hz. With the tweeters being off axis to the mids I was thinking there would be phase issue but they sound great to me. I also have 16 ga. oxygen free wire ran to the doors and 18 ga. oxygen free wire ran to the tweeters from the passive cross overs which are mounted under the drivers seat. Amps are in the trunk on the enclosure for the subs and I ran 16 ga. oxygen free wire from the amp to the crossovers.

Me personally I have Diamond Audio 6.5's in the doors and their 1" soft dome tweeters in the dash run off of a Fosgate Punch 120.2 crossed over at 80 Hz. With the tweeters being off axis to the mids I was thinking there would be phase issue but they sound great to me. I also have 16 ga. oxygen free wire ran to the doors and 18 ga. oxygen free wire ran to the tweeters from the passive cross overs which are mounted under the drivers seat. Amps are in the trunk on the enclosure for the subs and I ran 16 ga. oxygen free wire from the amp to the crossovers.
Thanks. Did you have to put in a spacer to get these to fit in the door?

I used a piece of 3/4" MDF to move the speaker out far enough to clear the window gear. I have manual windows in my Coupe but I have done this on power window cars as well. I also chose to cut the factory plastic speaker grill and mount the speaker on the outside of that. This decision was two fold for me. One I do not have to remove the door panel to service the speaker and two I was concerned about the speaker surround hitting the factory grill and wearing it out.

If you use the MDF you will need to seal it so that moisture does not get into it. Cannot stress this enough.

I used a piece of 3/4" MDF to move the speaker out far enough to clear the window gear. I have manual windows in my Coupe but I have done this on power window cars as well. I also chose to cut the factory plastic speaker grill and mount the speaker on the outside of that. This decision was two fold for me. One I do not have to remove the door panel to service the speaker and two I was concerned about the speaker surround hitting the factory grill and wearing it out.

If you use the MDF you will need to seal it so that moisture does not get into it. Cannot stress this enough.
Thank you!