Engine 93 mustang engine swap weird fuel pump problem

I have a 1993 mustang convertible. It was an 2.3l car. I have swapped a 302 and AOD in it. Currently using 1993 woring hanress and an a9p ecu. The car is having a very weird problem . First time you start it it runs perfect no check engine light at all, if you let it run for awhile and shut it off the next time you turn the key on the fuel pum will be stuck running , if you start the car in this state the car will run horrible and have a constant check engine on . If you wait and flip the key on and off multiple times once the fuel pump primes correctly again and you start the car it once again runs perfect . I have had the ecu repaired and that made no change . Not sure where to go at this point with it.

• Sponsors (?)

4cyl to v8 swaps are tricky, did you check for codes? Did you install all the required grounds in the engine compartment? Is there any other mods done to the car?

We cleared out all codes had a bad MAF and bad air charge coolent sensor. When the car runs horrid we cant scan. We have the ground strap, main ecu ground and the ground by the ecu all the other grounds on the car were stock with the 4 cylinder. It depends what you mean by mod exactly we've done several simple things. We also deleted all smog except egr only because we dont have the proper delete parts for it yet. Like I said when it starts correctly and the fuel pump works right the car run perfect

Go through this thread, it should show you important ground locations and there is a section that talks about the fuel pump running on.