94 GT 5.0 to 5.8 swap

c6auto

Oct 22, 2020
Plantation Fla
I'm sure this has been beat to death in the past .. But I have a tired 5.0 in a 94 and a fresh stroked 5.8 .. Time is going to be a factor so I'm trying to get as much as I can lined up before I get it torn apart ... Like LT headers that drop in and fit around the steering shaft, body and K frame .. I also heard that I should go with a Fox trans and bell housing for clearance and cable position ..
I'm sure somewhere in these forums theres a list of do's and don'ts that I couldn't find ..
I'm looking for as much info as I can get ..
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It's the easiest car to 5.8 swap. It's the only Fox chassis car to actually come with a 5.8 from the factory. You can run fox longtube headers, foxT5/bellhousing. You will need to add a driveshaft spacer to run the fox transmission, but they are cheap. A couple of other odds and ends, longer serpentine belt, etc. Hood clearance might be an issue. You never know on that one.

Kurt

older thread,but pretty good info

Reactions: 1 user
More than 10 years ago I stuffed a 351 under the stock hood of my 92 tbird using an edy super vic intake and low profile corvette elbow. No reason you cant do the same. The mn12 tbirds and sn95s have nearly identica engine bays.