SN95 94 GT ride height

• Sponsors (?)

Is this normal to sit so high in the rear, and what would be the solution??
screenshot_20190115-092031_gallery-jpg.jpg

Depends on what you mean by ‘High’.
Sn cars are known for there 4 wheel drive status though
To add a pic,click attach file in the lower corner,and follow the prompts
1ED408E3-CB9E-4557-992D-E0D63E6E4157.jpeg

Edit-yeah,that seems pretty normal for a stock spring car

Last edited:
The cheap and easy way- cut a coil from the rear springs.
The less cheap but still kinda easy way-
buy lowering springs.
Either way I’d take measurements and figure how much you want it to drop, lowering springs are usually lower than advertised after they have settles. And if you cut the stock spring,be a bit reserved or you may end up to low.

The cheap and easy way- cut a coil from the rear springs.
The less cheap but still kinda easy way-
buy lowering springs.
Either way I’d take measurements and figure how much you want it to drop, lowering springs are usually lower than advertised after they have settles. And if you cut the stock spring,be a bit reserved or you may end up to low.
Thanks! I was looking at LMR SVE not sure how far they would go, or maybe just insert the rear springs

If you want the slammed look then Progressive Rate springs. I'm too old for a harsh ride like that so opted for FRPP 5300-C springs. It's 1" up front and 3/4" out back, so it's not on the floor.

Cutting springs is also a harsh ride. You could buy the 5300-C springs and just put the rear 3/4"' spring in the back. That would even it out.

Reactions: 1 user
If you want the slammed look then Progressive Rate springs. I'm too old for a harsh ride like that so opted for FRPP 5300-C springs. It's 1" up front and 3/4" out back, so it's not on the floor.

Cutting springs is also a harsh ride. You could buy the 5300-C springs and just put the rear 3/4"' spring in the back. That would even it out.
Do you have a pic of these on your sn?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have a pic of these on your sn?

I have them on the white 94GT project car but I don't have the Nitto G2 tires I ordered yet.

Here is my previous red 94GT. The rims are 2003 Cobra chrome 17's with 275 tires up front and 315's out back.

The drop is subtle. When I get the new tires on the white car I'll post some pics.

29804936028_12463ff05e_b.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

Reactions: 1 users
I have them on the white 94GT project car but I don't have the Nitto G2 tires I ordered yet.

Here is my previous red 94GT. The rims are 2003 Cobra chrome 17's with 275 tires up front and 315's out back.

The drop is subtle. When I get the new tires on the white car I'll post some pics.

29804936028_12463ff05e_b.jpg

Perfect! Just how I like it,I might even omit my isos in the back
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

A lot of people have lowered their SN95s. If you're going to lower the rear, lower the front too. Otherwise it will look weird. I first lowered mine with H&R lowering springs but after a while I got tired of bottoming out everywhere. So I lifted it up just a little (still lowered) by putting in Eibach lowering springs. I also put in Bilstein struts and shocks because your current struts and shocks aren't going to like the shorter travel. I also put in Maximum Motorsport Caster/Camber plates so I could get a decent alignment. Your camber is going to go way negative when you lower and it's going to eat up your tires. Keep all these things in mind when you make the commitment. Click where it says, "Clicky for all the mods" (not on the banner) below to see the car lowered.

Reactions: 1 users