94 mustang gt lean pop

sprintertech

Dec 9, 2007
just bought this car a few days ago....at wot throttle it has an intake pop...plugs say lean....found a few vaccum leaks...fixed em..new plugs...new fuel pump pressure was low..big improvement!...but still the pop is there slightly......:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Moved to Tech.

When you say fuel pressure was low, what was the reading? It should be around 39 PSI at the fuel rail, with the vacuum line disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator. Might want to take a peek at the timing like Nacho said above as well.

And by the way, welcome to :SNSign:

94-95 aren't adjustable. But FYI, when one adjusts a TPS, you gotta try and get it as close to 1 as possible. Best would be .986. What's the voltage when the blade is open? You don't have to start the car to adjust it either, just turn the key to the on position.

Did you change the plugs? Why not give it more timing?

think i found another vaccum leak...at least i know one is there i can hear the whistle....cant locate it though.....tps has clean sweep from .69 to 4.8 volts with no drop off....timing is now at 12 any more it pings....this car is getting close to getting that new carb and intake i have in the garage.....its not like the stock upper and lower will stay on the car anyways.....sending unit,throttle cable linkage and cowl hood is whyi havent done it yet....i also have 90 fox intake and 94-95 cobra intake......all i can say is ive about had enough.....car runs strong as hell for near stock till the hesitation at 3800-4200....:shrug:

I'm gonna say it's the dizzy. The magnetic pickup in the dizzy is probably bad and that's what is causing it to miss in the rpm range that you've stated. You'll still have spark(unless your coil is shot) so there's no real way to test it. They just go bad on our year cars. I've had 2 95's and they went bad on both of them. You can replace the pickup if you've got the tools and time, for me it was just easier to get a reman one from napa for 100 bucks.

I'm gonna say it's the dizzy. The magnetic pickup in the dizzy is probably bad and that's what is causing it to miss in the rpm range that you've stated. You'll still have spark(unless your coil is shot) so there's no real way to test it. They just go bad on our year cars. I've had 2 95's and they went bad on both of them. You can replace the pickup if you've got the tools and time, for me it was just easier to get a reman one from napa for 100 bucks.

this is part of my plans tonight.....i work for dodge and a x-ford tech there has the tools...wish i still had an obd1 scan tool.....:shrug: